Sunday, March 25, 2012

Project: Enjoy the little things

I recently realized my kids really are growing up. My baby is four and my oldest is five. I really like the ages they're at now. They are fully functional and can do a million things on their own. If we need to go somewhere it's so easy; they can put their shoes and coats on, open the car door, get in and buckle their seat belts all on their own. I know, this really doesn't seem like much but trust me, it's a big deal. It would be even better we lived somewhere where we could eliminate the coat part.
I do not miss them being babies. The baby stage is kind of annoying and boring to me. I do know that I will miss the stage their in now and I want to try to enjoy it as much as possible. Here are a few things to make sure to do before they get too old.

1. Blow bubbles; in your car, in your house, outside, anywhere. Bubbles are cheap easy and fun. Sometimes it seems messy and like a hassle but it’s really not.
cute,bubbles,girls

2. Let them blow milk bubbles, but only sometimes because this can get obnoxious.
<3. Build a sand castle with them and bury each other in sand.


4. Let them play on the mud and dirt.

5. Let them paint and don't get mad when they get it everywhere.
v
6. Let them do play dough and don't get mad if it gets everywhere.

7. Cuddle and hug and kiss them as much as possible, even if they are interrupting what you are doing.

8. Let them sleep in your bed, sometimes.

9. Play pretend with them.

10. Let them have fun and have fun with them.



Notice, I'm not very crafty or original with these ideas, these are simple reminders. It’s sad because there are days I do not want to do anything at all with my kids and they completely annoy me. I know before I know it they will not want to do anything at all with me and I will completely annoy them. I need to stop and enjoy the little things, do the play dough and paint with them and not only set up and then go clean the kitchen or do laundry. It is important to interact with your children and not just bark orders like I find myself doing. As I mentioned before, I am trying to get better at not yelling and getting annoyed all their messes and spills. I love my kids to pieces. I really don’t want them to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment