Friday, June 29, 2012

Garden Obsession



I am obsessed with my garden. I used to be obsessed with pulling the weeds in my patio cracks. I have had a garden since we moved here six years ago. It used to be way smaller and I only had a few tomatoes and peppers. I don’t grow peppers at all anymore because we don’t eat them that much.

Here’s what I have this year.


 
Swiss Chard
Lettuce
Broccoli
Onions
Tomatoes
Sugar Snap Peas
Zucchini
Cucumber
Corn
Mint
Basil
Dill



So far all are growing nicely and we have eaten everything except the tomatoes, cucumbers and snap peas. They should be ready to harvest soon.  I’ve grown all of these except broccoli and so far it’s been good. We ate one head already.


We eat Swiss chard and zuchinni once or twice a week. I mainly sauté it with garlic oil and parmesan or put in our scrambled eggs. If anyone has any good and easy recipes for chard, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment